I was very moved by Danny Brown’s post on how precious our time is, not just the story itself but also touched by his chops to put it out there for the world to see.
It’s not me.
Being motivational as an introvert is hard. Figuring out who I am as a blogger, what my voice is – and another trackback to Danny, heh – I know my limits. I’m authentic but I don’t get too personal, too private.
Sappy is not in my wheelhouse. With the exception of condolences and sympathies, you’re getting a funny greeting card. If you’re lucky. Usually it’s something cleverly snarky, via Someecards.
Sentimental barely in my vocabulary. Now I do scrapbook on occassion and am something of a pack rat but don’t wax maudlin on birthdays, don’t get too up or down on holidays.
My self-help guide is Despair, the purveyors of the Demotivators® I share so often, gave as calendars for Christmas.
That right there is part of the problem, that was all about me and nothing about you. IDK this little preamble is a way trying to see if I can offer more than just marketing and PR, social media and blogging advice. Can I surprise my readers while respecting my blogging niche, yet still deliver something of value?
Thinking about others, a little perspective. DO you know?
- Right now someone you know is having a great day.
- Right now someone you know is having a crappy day.
- Right now someone you know feels liberated.
- Right now someone you know feels chained, a prisoner.
- Right now someone you know is celebrating.
- Right now someone you know is grieving.
- Right now someone you know is doing something.
- Right now someone you know is slacking off, drinking wine, shirking her work and noble blogging duties for her TV show obsessions. Ahem.
- Right now someone you “know” is tweeting.
- Right now someone you know thinks Twitter is stupid.
Maybe it is in me?
A brilliant conclusion escapes me as I think this was one of the fastest and easiest posts I’ve ever written. Only thing to do is ask for comments, see what you think.
Photo credit: Cheezburger, cute cat + clever saying = win.