- I was the
1 millionth guest at McDon.. I posted the 10,000th comment at Mark W. Schaefer’s, part of his ongoing love affair with community.
- Marcus Sheridan cheated and bested me for the top commenter over at Griddy’s place last month.
- Paul Wolfe wrote a good comment, turned it into an even more gooder post on 5 styles of commenting strategies. Lucky for me, it’s not about grammar.
- Stuart Mills picked me as one of 20 bloggers you want to comment on your blog and Jayme Soulati dubbed me Banter Queen of the Blogs.
- I possibly offended a commenter elsewhere, with said banter and my off-topic links. Huh.
Why you DON’T want me to comment.
- I comment. Often. The more I like you, your blog, and/or your community, the more you see me and the longer my comments, as I’m quite fond of the sound of my own typing.
- I comment. A lot. I’m one of those ‘last word’ types, will reply to your reply. The cycle, it is Vicious!
- I joke. I quip. I share Despair links. None of which guarantees actual funny.
- I use odd words and post in coded acronyms, may have to issue a decoder ring soon.
- I see your ‘Like’ buttons and ain’t afraid to use them. Even if someone’s disagreeing with you.
- I like the community and will chat up other commenters, extend the courtesy of reading what they wrote about your wonderful or less than fantabulous blog post.
- My replies to you and others could be to debate, discuss, amuse or bewilder. Six to five and pick ’em.
- If you have CommentLuv enabled, I let it do its thing.. sometimes help it picking different posts.
- Danger, Will Robinson. I actually read your post, the comments and WILL tell you What. I. Think.
If this isn’t in your wheelhouse, then by all means: UNFOLLOW! BLOCK! REPORT! and otherwise blacklist me from your site. Your house, your rules.
Stacey Herbert, shared a control freaky comment policy with me. I have to remind myself there are reasons people don’t like Livefyre and engaged communities, just as there are those who do. Not everyone likes the fun on a blog and for that matter, one person’s fun is another’s Saturday afternoon torture.
The 10th reason you don’t want me comment bombing your blog: You tell me.