Okay maybe not the worst ever but weaksauce to be sure. Why? Because it’s late Wednesday, I am pressed for a post, don’t want to think too much before a holiday weekend, because I am drinking a big glass of wine right now.
iPad for business
The iPad is more than just a cool iToy, it has so many possibilities for small business as yes I can get actual WORK done.
- Flipboard makes every iPad app list and rightly so; it’s freakin’ cool. Great for news, random interests with social integration for easy sharing.
- USA Today and the WSJ are my national news apps. The AJC and My Fox5 are my Atlanta apps. There’s also a MobileRSS reader which, needs to get used more, the WeatherChannel and ESPN.
- Evernote. Already in love with this little wonder, as it’s on my iPad and in Chrome; not sure if I need to download the desktop client too but this is great. My favorite thing is how well it syncs so that what I start in one place, I can finish in another.
- Dragon Dictate just rocks. Everyone I show this ‘talk to type’ app just “AHs” at how far we’ve come.
- Dropbox. Ah The Cloud, so fluffy and pretty. Updated mine, trying to get a better handle on what to keep there and what I want to ‘sync’ both there and on the computers.
- Skype is on there too, though I’ve used Facetime more for conference calls.
Best of the Rest
- Social – Part work, part play .. social media is here to stay. (See also, why I ain’t a poet.) The official Twitter client (because TweetDeck for iPad has vanished from the app store?!) and Friendly for Facebook top the list. My blog is on WordPress, so that app is there though it needs improvements such as ways to sync the iPad drafts with the real ones online.
- Games – These are important! Killing smirking green pigs instead of demanding, bitchy clients keeps me out of trouble. Not to mention prison. Solitaire is a must.
- Fun – Shazam and Soundhound are good for music lovers, I’ve got movie and shopping apps, need to buy some ebooks someday, got a few photo fun apps, TV.. plenty of distractions.
One thing you’ll notice, these are mostly free or very low-cost apps for the premium versions. These are also the usual suspects as I am still exploring, looking for good alternative browsers, file managers, printing clients, anything to get work done. Where do you find the good apps, any secret gems you’d like to share?