Been on a resolution kick to up the blog, but stumped. Have a few things in draft but nothing ready to publish. And I’m already feeling some burn out, can’t get how those who crank out posts every day. I can hear your eyes rolling from here: What. EVER.
What’s my problem? Take your pick.
I have a style. I try to bring funny, to make the educational less tedious, the informative, not boring as hell. But considering some of the dialogue on some of my lesser TV choices these days, I ain’t sweating that anymore.
I overthink my audience, my blog SEO. Trying to keep it small business, Atlanta, marketing, PR.. all “hire me” and “aren’t I smart” subliminal messages designed to lead me to world domination, pressure of my content marketing strategy.
So it gets forced, not fun. Which is the sign to stop.
Stop. Drop. Roll with it.
I’ve blogged about ways to spark creativity before and it all comes down to this: inspiration can come from anyone, anywhere, anytime.
- Write something else: a poem or a word game may lead you to shorter, tighter, funner blog posts.
- Read a book. Read nothing. Watch something or nothing. Play on Twitter, then steal someone else’s idea.
- Unplug or walk away, put your inner smartphone douchebag or Internet junkie on hold and act like a person for an hour.
- Listen to strummy, emo alt rock. Watch some kitten porn. I hear talk of games on Facebook, try that.
- When desperate I’ll clean, do laundry. Cleaning out the clutter around the house, sometimes clears the cobwebs in my head.
When that doesn’t work I just start typing, see what pours out of my fingers. Typer’s block is one thing I don’t have. What do you do?
Photo credit: I miss Calvin and Hobbes, still have half a dozen books.