This week Mack Collier tossed out the idea to clear his Twitter follower lists and start all over. For someone like make with thousands of followers, it’s not a hollow or meaningless threat.
More cautiously I picked my to follow folks, but of late have tried to throw open the gates a little more.
Always looking for different, new, a fresh approach to tweeting.
Dare to be different and find five different people to follow on Twitter this FollowFriday:
- Beny Schonfeld Just discovered him via Mack’s #SMMackChat. He claims to be a real person, not a bot which is always good in my book.
- Kellye Crane a fellow Solo PR here in Atlanta. She’s real, smart and gets it and isn’t at all smarmy.
- Jeremiah Staes made a smart comment on Scott Stratten’s blog. I liked it, replied and because his clever profile has just “a tablespoon of awesome,” I followed him as @digitalvision on Twitter. Simple as that.
- Pick a brand you like, use. I’m a Cokeaholic so I follow @CocaCola, which reminds me to have a smile along with one of their beverages. It’s fun plus you get to see how they do social media.
- @TVWithoutPity because I’m a TV fan, the tweets are usually funny and I’ve become more comfortable showing some of my personality and personal side.
Whom do you follow and why?