Is actual work getting in the way of your reading? Are you missing the good stuff? Fear not gentle readers, there are fellow social media and public relations pros to the rescue.
Last month I spoke at the Southern Public Relations Federation 2010 Evolution Conference. It was a great experience but it kept me off the Twitter and blogs for a while. Luckily I didn’t miss too much.
- #Commentz is PR Sarah Evans‘ daily recap of her top 5 public relations and marketing stories. Sign up by email here.
- Convince and Convert 3 2 1: Jay Baer’s modestly titled “best newsletter in the history of social media,” with 3 of the days top stories plus one for good humor. Sent twice a week via email subscription.
- Steve Farnsworth does one post each week on the Top 5 Social Media Posts You Might Have Missed. He always finds something I didn’t.
- Reader’s Choice PR Blog of the Year Spin Sucks, via Gini Dietrich also does a weekly Top 5. I haven’t hit her over the head for omitting anything, yet. 😉
No time to read your Twitter stream all day? No problem.
The Paper.li is a cool blog-like tool that takes the links you share on Twitter, turns them into a newspaper-like thingy. I’ve noticed a few of these in weeks past.
- Shonali Burke has a Daily issue covering public relations, technology, business and more. Nice addition to her blog’s Weekly Roundup.
- Frank Strong issues paper on top PR thought leaders posts and tweets.
- Sandra Gabriel focuses on PR, social media and communications with her paper.
I’ve done a few of these digest posts, should do more. Sharing is good, making it easy to find is better. Feel free to tell me what I missed, just don’t knock me in the head.